Erosion Control Blankets
Flexterra High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium
Patented Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™)—proven to surpass all hydraulically applied mulch products and turf establishment blankets. Flexterra HP-FGM outperformed rolled erosion control blankets and led a movement toward more cost-efficient and effective hydraulically-applied techniques. Because Flexterra HP-FGM is hydraulically applied, it has no nets or threads to endanger wildlife.
- Immediately effective upon application—bonds directly to soil
- Superior erosion control—99% effective at multiple large-scale testing laboratories
- Excellent functional longevity that lasts through grow-in
- Ideal for dormant seeding and long-term protection in arid climates
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed cost than rolled blankets
- Faster vegetative establishment and greater biomass production
- Minimizes soil loss and turbidity of effluent runoff
- proved to be completely environmentally friendly
For more information on Flexterra®
ProGanics Biotic Soil Media (BSM)
ProGanics Biotic Soil Media is a topsoil alternative for sustainable slope stabilization and turf estabilishment. This erosion control solution is designed to accelerate the development of depleted soils/substrates with low organic matter, low nutrient levels and limited biological activity.
ProGanics provides an abundant source of organic matter and soil building components to quickly modify soil chemistry, and establish vegetation that lasts.
Excavation before and after turf was established using ProGanics BSM
It's easily applied with a conventional hydro seeding machine, via tower gun or hose, making application easy on challenging sites with limited access, or in sloped areas where topsoil placement is difficult or impossible.
- Saves time and money where the cost of topsoil is prohibitive
- An excellent option when soils are too wet or frozen to dig, transport and spread
- Quick and easy loading
- Engineered to shoot smoothly for optimum performance
Applying Flexterra® HP-FGM™ over ProGanics will provide near perfect erosion control.
Contact us for more information on successful slope stabilization and turf establishment.
Erosion Control Blankets
Erosion Control Blankets (ECB) are effective in controlling erosion on slopes and stabilizing soils long enough for vegetation to be established. Applied over hydro-seeding, blankets are available in various materials, and depending upon material, offer both short term and long-term, biodegradable soil stabilization. Our ECB products are TXDOT approved.
Straw ECBs are generally considered short-term blankets.
Excelsior ECBs are generally considered medium term blankets.
Coconut Fiber (Coir) ECBs are generally considered long-term blankets
70/20 Blend and 70/30 Blend
Sod Staples for all ECBs are available in 6” and 8” lengths.
- Complete, wide variety to meet all jobsite requirements
- High quality raw materials
- Easy installation
- Rolled edges to achieve a full width of product usage
- Products supported with large scale testing in compliance with current ASTM standards
- Contributes to LEED certification
For More Information on Erosion Control Blankets