Come out and see smartPOND live, in action!
Construction EcoServices will be hosting two on-site, live demo events of our installed smartPONDs in Central Texas. Here is what you can expect:
- Watch smartPOND in action
- Happy hour meet-up after the demo at local restaurant/bar (TBD soon)
- Talk stormwater solutions with us
- Network with other local engineer colleagues
Austin – North
7151 Wyoming Spring Drive
Round Rock TX 78682
Wednesday, March 24th
Austin – South
644 Lone Peak Way
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
Thursday, March 25th
NO MORE SAND FILTERS!
smartPOND Eliminates the Need for Sand Filters!
smartPOND is a prepackaged, easy to install, automated water level control valve that regulates stormwater depth and meets batch detention requirements per the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Edwards Aquifer Protection Plan (EAPP).
smartPOND functions by rotating 90 degrees to open and close a rotary weir that is connected to an outfall pipe up to 24-inches in diameter. It is pre-programmed to hold water for 12 hours and then rotates slowly over a 48-hour period to drain the batch detention pond completely. Once empty, the bucket returns to its upright and closed position in anticipation of the next rainfall event. Fundamentally, smartPOND allows TSS to settle out of the detained water body, then releases only the cleanest water from the top of the pond.
- 91% TSS removal = 20% less volume = smaller basin
- No splitter box
- No gabions
- No sand
- No perforated pipes
smartPOND takes passive stormwater controls and gives them brains, allowing for both pre-programmed stormwater quality management and application-based real-time controls. Routine inspections can be monitored remotely with the smartPOND onboard camera, giving owners and operators instant feedback. Automated processes also make users aware of upcoming system maintenance needs by sending alerts to a smartphone or an email address. All components are modular and can easily be replaced by the user.
- Greater efficiency over sand filters
- Real time maintenance alerts
- Real time data water level, gate position, temperature & more
- Tough and versatile design
- Total Suspended Solid (TSS) removal = 91%
- Maintains settling pond benefits while dewatering
- Meets Edward’s Aquifer Protection Plan Batch Detection Requirements