Detention & Drainage
StormChamber® stormwater chambers are less expensive, quicker and easier to install than other types of underground stormwater chamber systems. The side-portal feed provides greater flexibility in engineering and hydraulic design, eliminating circuitous routing of feed pipes from inlet structures to entry point of a header pipe.
StormChamber® utilizes the same basic corrugated arch shape for structural integrity and exceeds the AASHTO H20 wheel load rating by three times. StormChamber® significantly exceeds the storage capacity of existing plastic chambers by over 40%, resulting in a need for fewer chambers, less stone, less filter fabric, less excavation, and approximately 50% less time to install. The side portal feeds eliminate the need for expensive header pipe systems currently used to manifold storm water effluent into rows of chamber systems.
- Replicates pre-construction hydrology
- Efficient and cost-effective
- Easy, quick and inexpensive to install
- Helps counter drought conditions by maintaining groundwater base flow
- Eliminates thermal discharge loadings
- Replenishes groundwater supplies
- Achieves higher pollutant removal rates
- Helps obtain up to 18 LEED points
- Exceeds AASHTO H-20 wheel load rating by 3 times