Fire Department looks to the Construction EcoServices and Jacobs Engineering team to renovate their detention pond and bring it back to fully operational status....
Our Erosion Control Systems
Having worked on thousands of commercial construction projects with General Contractors and Engineers since 2002, Construction EcoServices is keenly aware of the importance regarding erosion control, turf establishment and slope stabilization. Utilizing the latest technologies available in Hydraulically Applied Erosion Control Blankets, permanent Turf Reinforcement Mats, advanced mulch products, and more, Construction EcoServices can guarantee results that resist erosion and enhance property and project value.
Let us assist you in achieving your objectives…
An alternative to Soiltac, Gorilla-Snot is the value-engineered version of Soiltac. Like Soiltac, it is an eco-safe, biodegradable, liquid copolymer used to provide erosion control and dust suppression.
The innovative product is a biodegradable, copolymer-based dispersion that is primarily designed to control dust and erosion. Gorilla-Snot is comprised of long, nanoparticle molecular structures that link and cross-link together to form strong bonds between particulates, soils and aggregates. The solution is designed to be easily applied topically to almost any soil or aggregate. A modest application will create a light surface crust that remains water permeable for air and water, yet perfect for controlling dust and suppressing PM10 and PM2.5 particulate matter to maintain air quality and visibility. Increased applications of Gorilla-Snot are highly effective for roads and other traffic areas. The product is engineered to penetrate into the ground creating a strong and resilient, yet flexible, surface wear course that can withstand the intense abuse of vehicle traffic and environmental conditions.
Designed to be Different
Gorilla-Snot is comprised of long, nanoparticle molecular structures that link and cross-link together to form strong bonds between particulates, soils and aggregates. The solution is designed to be easily applied topically to almost any soil or aggregate. A modest application will create a light surface crust that remains water permeable for air and water, yet perfect for controlling dust and suppressing PM10 and PM2.5 particulate matter to maintain air quality and visibility. Increased applications of Gorilla-Snot are highly effective for roads and other traffic areas. The product is designed to penetrate into the ground creating a strong and resilient, yet flexible, surface wear course that can withstand the intense abuse of vehicle traffic and environmental conditions.
Kind to the Environment
Gorilla-Snot is a biodegradable, copolymer-based dispersion that is primarily designed to control dust and erosion. It’s non-hazardous, meaning it’s safe for the environment and safe to transport by land, sea or air. Gorilla-Snot will not migrate away from treated areas and will not seep into the groundwater. It will not wash away in the rain and it does not re-emulsify with water.
- Water Resistant
- Non-Flammable & Non-Volatile
- Dries Odorless
- Non-Slippery & Safe to Drive on Once Penetrated
- Non-Leaching (Will not continue to seep into soil or ground water)
- Dries Flexible / Elastomeric (Not Brittle)
- Alkaline Soil Resistant (Resists breakdown in alkaline soils)
- Non-Dissipating (Will not wash away with water once cured)
- Human, Animal, Marine Life & Vegetation Safe
- Cumulative Effect with Maintenance
- Non-Regulated for Transportation (Land/Sea/Air)
- Ultraviolet Ray Resistant
- Non-Tracking & Non-Transferable Once Cured
- Self-Mixes with Water for Diluting (Prior to applying to soil)
- Ecologically & Environmentally Safe
- PM10 & PM2.5 Compliant (Stops dust particles of 2.5+ microns in size)
A revolutionary patented, state-of-the-art synthetic dust suppression fluid; engineered for today’s most challenging intense-use dust control needs. This ultra-pure non-petroleum based fluid with GTL technology is made from clean, plentiful natural gas and is distinctively crystal clear, odorless and formulated to meet the highest standards of environmental efficacy.
When Soiltac is applied to the soil, the copolymer molecules coalesce and form bonds between the soil or aggregate particles. Long nanoparticle molecular structures link and cross-link together forming a flexible solid-mass that is durable and water resistant.
Why Do We Recommend This Product?
“Actually, more of a ‘system’ than a product, Green Armor is the combination of Futerra Permanent Turf Reinforcement Mat (TRM) and Flexterra Flexible Growth Medium. Futerra’s open and lofty matrix design is ideal to be in-filled with Flexterra. This overcomes the slow grow-in of virtually all other TRMs where the mat is installed over the mulch. The tight weave of competing TRMs forces the grass to fight its way through the product, instead of growing from within the mat itself. With three different weights of Futerra, plus R-45 High Performance TRM, Green Armor is highly effective in applications with water velocities up to 30 feet per second and is 30-50% less costly than hard armor.”
Director of Business Development
A revolutionary green alternative to hard armor.
As the world’s most effective Green Design Engineering™ alternative to hard armor, the GreenArmor™ System offers a more aesthetically pleasing and environmentally superior means of protecting high-discharge waterways and steep slopes. You can learn about keys to the system here. You will see that they bring together the most technologically advanced erosion control and revegetation products to provide excellent benefits.
Watch how the components come together.
Flex MSE Vegetated Wall System
Flex MSE is a perfect solution for widespread problems of erosion control and land loss.
Erosion control is crucial to maintaining soil and water integrity. Flex MSE offers stakeholders and end users an affordable, dependable solution. From urban coastal areas to natural habitats, responsible reclamation plays a big part in maintaining balance in the development equation.
Flex MSE creates reinforced vegetated slopes that decrease erosion and maximize available land. The Flex MSE Patented system protects soils from erosion without altering hydrology – providing a permanent, green solution.
Perfect for culvert headwalls, unstable stream banks, in-stream structures, and flood protection, Flex MSE is ideal for anywhere land meets water – it limits Heat Island effects on water, toxic leachates, and allows for rapid regrowth of vegetation in riparian zones.
Flex MSE’s resilient green structures not only improve water quality, they repair damage to fragile natural areas, public assets and private property.
Flex MSE can reclaim original property lines and increase building footprints along waterways, while preventing future erosion from wave and high flow scour.
Building along sensitive waterways and tributaries often limits the choice of building materials. The versatility and ease of installation make installing Flex MSE in water a simple solution for traditionally hard to access areas.
The raw materials used in the construction of the Flex MSE components are incredibly stable in extreme heat and cold, as well as able to withstand strong water flow and complete submersion without breaking down prematurely.
Flex MSE can also be used for dams, weirs or bridge abutments, providing stability for nearly any aquatic application.
- Flex MSE is 60% of concrete’s cost installed.
- Flex MSE is a simple two component system that often installs in half the time of concrete block walls.
- No specialized equipment, labor, cranes, forms, footings, or rebar.
- Flex MSE walls require minimal initial leveling or subgrade embedment.
- The flexible, easily adjusted units conform perfectly to trees and unexpected bedrock
- Flex MSE is a recycled, non-toxic product that conforms to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) qualifications.
- Flex MSE vegetated walls are graffiti proof.
- Flex MSE installations use 97% less Green House Gases (GHGs) over comparably sized concrete blocks.
- Flex MSE lasts almost twice as long as concrete (120 year ASTM System Life rating).
- A light weight soft armor product that integrates easily with other proprietary systems and has great performance in limited access, tough or unstable terrain.
- Settlement and water ruin concrete walls. Flex MSE has a very high settlement tolerance and excess water drains through the system. The drainage aspect eliminates the need for chimney drains and pipe behind the wall, while feeding the vegetation.
- Superior drainage. Superior drainage and settlement tolerances make it perfect for areas with poor soils and water infiltration.
- Low site disturbance. Minimal excavation, light reinforcement, no forms, footings or rebar, and often no expensive drainage design.
- Lightweight. Light, permeable and flexible units are easily installed around trees, rock, and water.
- Aesthetically amazing. No more graffiti or wall staining, or failures from frost cycles and leaky soils