How did PowerBlock serve the function of a detention pond, drainage inlet and a water quality unit on this project?...
WHY THESE PRODUCTS?
While the rest are looking to quicken the flow of water on site, we at Construction EcoServices are focused on slowing it down. Through the use of Low impact Development and underground storage systems, we look at ways to make stormwater take the longest possible path, extending time of concentration and decreasing peak flows. The result, less detention volume required and more available land to develop. Drainage should never be looked at in a vacuum, but as a cog in an overall site plan.
Modular Detention Systems
Why Do We Recommend This Product?
“As a designer, I am looking for versatile solutions to solve many problems. R-Tank is that solution, especially for urban redevelopment, areas with high density and campus projects where space is limited and you never know what might be underground. The R-Tank’s modular flexibility gives me ample design flexibility, and gives our field crews the ability to make incremental adjustments in the field without any construction delays. The system is also strong, with options capable of supporting a fire truck with only 12” of cover.”
– Roger Blair
Design Specialist, Stormwater Systems
Underground Stormwater Storage
R-Tank® is among the most efficient options available for underground stormwater systems. When space is at a premium and the smallest possible footprint is needed to free up space for utilities and other site elements, R-Tank® is 95% efficient, making it the perfect option. And with module heights ranging from 2” to nearly 7’, there is sure to be a tank that will fit your needs.
R-Tank® stormwater detention/retention and infiltration systems provide underground storage of stormwater. After a rain event fills the R-Tank®, stormwater will either be routed to the drainage system, be recycled for irrigation or infiltrate into the ground. This system provides an alternative to stormwater basins and a highly space-efficient underground systems.
Why Do You NEED Modular Versatility?
Vary the system shape to:
- Work around obstacles / utilities
- Fit the system to the constraints of your site
- Replace sloped pipes with a flat system
Eliminate header manifolds to:
- Reduce Costs
- Break the system into pieces to manage runoff close to the source
Add stone storage to:
- Take advantage of available space on site and reduce costs
- Cost effectively increase footprint size for faster infiltration
Vary the elevation of the top of the system to:
- Maintain cover beneath changing grades
- Change cover depths for different surface usage
Vary the elevation of the bottom of the system to:
- Avoid / jump underground utilities
- Create a WQV sump
Create construction phase flexibility to:
- Allow simple footprint changes on the fly without impacting storage volume
- Easily modify the system depth
- Account for unmarked utilities
- Help reduce the cost of change orders
- High capacity with 90% void space
- Modular design
- High strength
- Lightweight and quick to install
- Recycled content
- LEED Credits
- Longer-lasting horse tracks training fields
- Irrigate without flooding
Retention, Detention, Conveyance & Water Reuse
Why Do We Recommend This Product?
“From my perspective, when it comes to economical underground detention solutions, the answer is simple, StormChamber. There are no header rows, no special weirs or additional infrastructure, and the install is fast and simple. The best thing is that there are no hidden costs at the end of the project.”
– Trent Malone
Assistant Project Manager, Stormwater Systems
The Low Cost, Low Impact Development Solution For Retention, Detention, Conveyance & Water Reuse
StormChamber® stormwater chambers are less expensive, quicker and easier to install than other types of underground stormwater chamber systems. The side-portal feed provides greater flexibility in engineering and hydraulic design, eliminating circuitous routing of feed pipes from inlet structures to entry point of a header pipe.
StormChamber® utilizes the same basic corrugated arch shape for structural integrity and exceeds the AASHTO H20 wheel load rating by three times. StormChamber® significantly exceeds the storage capacity of existing plastic chambers by over 40%, resulting in a need for fewer chambers, less stone, less filter fabric, less excavation, and approximately 50% less time to install. The side portal feeds eliminate the need for expensive header pipe systems currently used to manifold storm water effluent into rows of chamber systems.
- Replicates pre-construction hydrology
- Efficient and cost-effective
- Easy, quick and inexpensive to install
- Helps counter drought conditions by maintaining groundwater base flow
- Eliminates thermal discharge loadings
- Replenishes groundwater supplies
- Achieves higher pollutant removal rates
- Helps obtain up to 18 LEED points
- Exceeds AASHTO H-20 wheel load rating by 3 times