It was the flood water forces resulting from Hurricane Harvey that damaged both the hillside and building to the extent that the building needed to be closed....
WHY THESE PRODUCTS?
Designed for slopes requiring permanent reinforcement, turf reinforcement mats provide all the benefits of an erosion control blanket (ECB) and then permanently anchor root systems to the surface soil. They’re the most efficient way to provide permanent erosion control on moderate to extreme slopes, low to high-flow channels and many applications in between. The stability that TRMs provide allows root systems to establish solid ground support.
A Green Alternative to Hard Armor
Why Do We Recommend This Product?
“Green Armor is the combination of Futerra Permanent Turf Reinforcement Mat (TRM) and Flexterra Flexible Growth Medium. Futerra’s open and lofty matrix design is ideal to be in-filled with Flexterra. This overcomes the slow grow-in of virtually all other TRMs where the mat is installed over the mulch. The tight weave of competing TRMs forces the grass to fight its way through the product, instead of growing from within the mat itself. With three different weights of Futerra, plus R-45 High Performance TRM, Green Armor is highly effective in applications with water velocities up to 30 feet per second and is 30-50% less costly than hard armor.”
Director of Business Development
A revolutionary green alternative to hard armor. As the world’s most effective Green Design Engineering™ alternative to hard armor, the GreenArmor™ System offers a more aesthetically pleasing and environmentally superior means of protecting high-discharge waterways and steep slopes. You can learn about Keys to the System here. You will see that they bring together the most technologically advanced erosion control and re-vegetation products to provide:
- 30-50% less cost than hard armor
- Twice the erosion resistance of natural vegetation
- Higher-density turf
- Unmatched factors of safety
Enkamat J® (a.k.a. Futerra)
Erosion Prevention System for Embankments, Slopes and River Banks
About Enkamat J / Futerra
The company Enkamat was purchased by Profile EVS and the product Enkamat was renamed to Futerra.
Futerra is a three dimensional polyamide mat with an open structure sewn to a biodegradable geotextile fabric. Futerra is used to prevent erosion on embankments, slopes and river banks.
Futerra retains the fertile soil by preventing rills forming in the soil structure and therefore allowing the vegetation to establish quickly. In this way the product provides immediate protection while also permanently reinforcing the root systems of the vegetation. On dry slopes, it provides immediate protection against erosion caused by rainfall and protection against hydraulic flow after vegetation is established.
- Immediate soil protection
- Permanent erosion control
- Dry slopes
- Rocky slopes and surfaces
- Protection of new or repaired (river) embankments
- Road and railway embankments
- Futerra is a three dimensional mat made from high quality polyamide (PA) with an open structure. It is sewn to a biodegradable geotextile.
- The three dimensional mat of Futerra is 10 mm thick, creating an artificial root structure up to 1,810 m filiaments per m2.
- Permanent and green solution
- Immediate protection
- Prevents rills forming thus stopping erosion on slopes
- Improves vegetation growth and then protects against hydraulic loadings
- Prevents washout of soil allowing roots to establish
- Product is locked to the ground by the root structure
- Blends unobtrusively into the landscape
- Lightweight, easy to install
- Maintenance free