Flex MSE is a perfect solution for widespread problems of erosion control and land loss.
Erosion control is crucial to maintaining soil and water integrity. Flex MSE offers stakeholders and end users an affordable, dependable solution. From urban coastal areas to natural habitats, responsible reclamation plays a big part in maintaining balance in the development equation.
Flex MSE creates reinforced vegetated slopes that decrease erosion and maximize available land. The Flex MSE Patented system protects soils from erosion without altering hydrology – providing a permanent, green solution.
Perfect for culvert headwalls, unstable stream banks, in-stream structures, and flood protection, Flex MSE is ideal for anywhere land meets water – it limits Heat Island effects on water, toxic leachates, and allows for rapid regrowth of vegetation in riparian zones.
Flex MSE’s resilient green structures not only improve water quality, they repair damage to fragile natural areas, public assets and private property.
Flex MSE can reclaim original property lines and increase building footprints along waterways, while preventing future erosion from wave and high flow scour.
Building along sensitive waterways and tributaries often limits the choice of building materials. The versatility and ease of installation make installing Flex MSE in water a simple solution for traditionally hard to access areas.
The raw materials used in the construction of the Flex MSE components are incredibly stable in extreme heat and cold, as well as able to withstand strong water flow and complete submersion without breaking down prematurely.
Flex MSE can also be used for dams, weirs or bridge abutments, providing stability for nearly any aquatic application.
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Steep Slope Stabilization
- Shallow Slope Failure Repairs
- Culvert Head/Wing walls
- Retention and Detention Ponds
- Riverbank and lake shore Protection
- In Stream, Shoreline and Estuary Structures
- Mining/Industrial Remediation and Restoration
- Roadway Walls
- Bridge Abutments
- Levees and Dikes
- Sea walls
- Trail Systems and Green ways
- Noise Barriers
Site Leveling and Optimization
- Landscaping and Landforms (public spaces, golf courses, int/ext anchored living walls)
- Sensitive Sites (parks, protected habitat, industrial brownfields, landfill caps)
- Pipeline slopes – Integrity Digs (hillside/slope)
- Flex MSE is 60% of concrete’s cost installed.
- Flex MSE is a simple two component system that often installs in half the time of concrete block walls.
- No specialized equipment, labor, cranes, forms, footings, or rebar.
- Flex MSE walls require minimal initial leveling or subgrade embedment.
- The flexible, easily adjusted units conform perfectly to trees and unexpected bedrock
- Flex MSE is a recycled, non-toxic product that conforms to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) qualifications.
- Flex MSE vegetated walls are graffiti proof.
- Flex MSE installations use 97% less Green House Gases (GHGs) over comparably sized concrete blocks.
- Flex MSE lasts almost twice as long as concrete (120 year ASTM System Life rating).
- A light weight soft armor product that integrates easily with other proprietary systems and has great performance in limited access, tough or unstable terrain.
- Settlement and water ruin concrete walls. Flex MSE has a very high settlement tolerance and excess water drains through the system. The drainage aspect eliminates the need for chimney drains and pipe behind the wall, while feeding the vegetation.
Before, During, After & Later
- Superior drainage. Superior drainage and settlement tolerances make it perfect for areas with poor soils and water infiltration.
- Low site disturbance. Minimal excavation, light reinforcement, no forms, footings or rebar, and often no expensive drainage design.
- Lightweight. Light, permeable and flexible units are easily installed around trees, rock, and water.
- Aesthetically amazing. No more graffiti or wall staining, or failures from frost cycles and leaky soils