How did PowerBlock serve the function of a detention pond, drainage inlet and a water quality unit on this project?...
WHY THESE PRODUCTS?
Construction EcoServices is constantly looking for solutions that help reduce environmentally harmful nutrients from getting into the nation’s waterways. Nitrogen, phosphorus, TSS and fecal coliform are common nutrients that can be filtered using stormwater system solutions and technology. Many of those solutions utilize engineered soils and media like the ones below.
Our Filtration Media & Media-Based Solutions
Bold & Gold
Enhance Nutrient Reduction in BMPs
Enhance Nutrient Reduction in BMPs
Bold & Gold® Filtration Media is a biosorption activated media (BAM) patented at The University of Central Florida’s Stormwater Management Academy. The media is composed of natural and recycled products. Bold & Gold® Filtration Media is added to stormwater best management practices (BMPs) to reduce nitrogen, phosphorus, total suspended solids (TSS), and pathogens in runoff. Bold & Gold® Filtration Media is used to meet stringent Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) and Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) requirements. Bold & Gold® Filtration Media can be used in any nutrient reduction modeling software to demonstrate nutrient removal efficiencies. In Florida, BMPTRAINS is available and recognized by the water management districts and Department of Environmental Protection for nutrient reduction credits.
Research-Proven Removal Efficiencies
- Up to 75% Nitrogen
- Up to 95% Phosphorus
- Up to 95% TSS
- Up to 4 Logs Fecal Coliform
Bold & Gold®Benefits
- Projects have been funded by research grants
- Engineering staff available for design assistance
- Useful life expectancy up to 30 years
- 8 different blends available to meet varying infiltration rates
- Composed of inert materials with NO ORGANICS
- Non-toxic to receiving waters
Bold & Gold® Filtration Media can be used in the following BMPs
- Dry Retention Basin
- Rain Gardens
- Bioretention Cells
- Tree Wells
- Exfiltration Trench
- Suntree Technologies Stormwater Vaults
- Pervious Pavement
- Underground Retention Systems
- Swale with PIPE-R Reservoir System
- Detention Underdrain Filtration System
- Vegetated Filter Strip
- Floating Wetlands
- High capacity with 95% void space
- Modular design
- High strength
- Lightweight and quick to install
- Recycled content
- LEED Credits
- Longer-lasting horse tracks training fields
- Irrigate without flooding
Featured Solution Powered by Bold & Gold
Next Generation Nutrient Management for Florida
The Summit High Performance Upflow Filter System (Summit HPUF) powered by Bold & Gold ECT3 media is a high-performance filtration system designed to remove Total Nitrogen (TN) and Total Phosphorus (TP).
- Wetpond Polishing Filter: The most common application of the Summit HPUF in Florida is for polishing whereby it can reduce the size of the wetpond and increase overall treatment effectiveness to achieve nutrient removal goals.
- Ultra-Urban Developments: Integrates with Detention, Permeable Pavements, Biofiltration, Bioswales and many other systems.
- Non-Infiltrating Areas: When on-site soils are not suitable for infiltration, look to the Summit HPUF to solve the problem.
BMP TRAINS 2020 Model
Fully integrated into the model with pre-defined drop-down menus of Bold & Gold media.
Standard Sizes (larger sizes are available and can be customized per site specific conditions)
SUMMIT HPUF Models
|Model||Treatment Media Area (sf)||Treatment Flow|
|Treatment Volume over 24-hrs (ft3)|
Nutrient Credits in Florida
- Use the Summit HPUF for nitrogen and phosphorus reduction
- Accepted as a filtration BMP by FL Watershed Management Districts
- Basin Management Action Plans (BMAPs)
- Net Improvement Projects
- Upflow design reduces clogging and maintenance
- Sustainable, long service life
- Made from recycled materials
- Organic free, no degradation of media
- Targets TN, TP, bacteria and TSS
- Non-toxic, safe for the environment
- No leaching of pollutants, permanently bonds with dissolved nutrients
- Low Impact Development BMP